Black Mould

Instantly recognisable, black mould is a black fungus that spreads across warm, humid, and damp areas of your home. Most commonly found on wallpaper, paint, and throughout plaster, black mould carries respiratory health risks if inhaled. The causes of black mould are excessive moisture in areas of the home like the bathroom or kitchen resulting from condensation, and poor ventilation. When there is poor ventilation, the cooler surfaces in the home will absorb the moisture, allowing black mould to grow. Treatment options include using anti-mould paint and mould sterilizers, which will get rid of the black mould and prevent future growth. However, if poor ventilation is the source of the problem, using a ventilation unit or dehumidifier can help.